Overview of Categories
The organisations listed in the On-line Directory of Community Safety and Crime Prevention have been categorised into 5 core categories, namely: Community; Drugs & Alcohol; Offenders/Ex-Offenders; Victims of Crime
and Young People.
Each category is, in turn, broken down into a number of sub-categories.
Given the diversity of services provided by the organisations included in the Directory, some of them are listed in a more than one of the categories and sub-categories. An overview of the categories in the Directory and their respective sub-categories can be found in the Site Map
The following provides a brief overview of the focus of the organisations listed in each category:
– Organisations which have a particular focus on Community matters such as community development; community safety; Joint Policing Committees; Local Policing Fora and organisations which provide services to, for example, older persons, travellers and ethnic minorities.
Drugs & Alcohol
– Organisations which have a particular focus on issues related to drugs and alcohol such as addiction treatment programmes; education, prevention and intervention; projects aimed at young people and Drugs Task Forces.
– Organisations listed in this category have a particular focus on offenders and ex-offenders dealing with such issues as accommodation and resettlement; addiction treatment; reintegration; domestic violence; Restorative Justice; training and employment and young persons.
Victims of Crime
– Organisations which have a particular focus on victims of crime and which deal with such issues as court accompaniment; domestic violence; elder abuse; sexual violence and which provide support services for victims of all classes.
– Organisations listed in this category have a particular focus on young people and deal with issues such as couselling; drugs and alcohol; diversion and intervention projects (including Garda Youth Diversion Projects); training and education and probation.
^ Back to top